How to apply
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants normally have a good first degree in a relevant discipline. However, work experience and professional qualifications are also taken into account.
- You will find details of degree-specific entry requirements in our online course listings.
- You can also read more about our general entry requirements on our postgraduate website.
How do I apply?
- Students are advised to apply online for our MSc/MRes degrees.
- Supporting documents such as references can be uploaded within the online application system.
- If you wish to apply on paper you may request a printed form from the My Birkbeck helpdesk.
Do I need references?
- You will need to nominate two referees, one of whom will be asked to provide an academic reference.
- It will speed up your application process if you include your references with your application.
What are the application deadlines?
- There is no deadline for applications; however, our courses tend to fill up quickly. So if you are planning to start your degree in October, we advise you to submit your application by March.
- Selected candidates will be invited for interview. The interview process usually begins in April and continues until all places have been filled.