- Women in Political Theory. From Ancient Misogyny to Contemporary Feminism SECOND EDITION (Hemel Hempstead, Harvester-Wheatsheaf & Colorado, Lynne Rienner, 1993) pp.273
- Negativity and Politics. Dionysus and Dialectics from Kant to Poststructuralism (London & New York, Routledge, 2000) pp. 272
- Merleau-Ponty and Modern Politics after Anti-Humanism ( Lanham MD, Rowman and Littlefield, 2007)
- Edited with S. Frost: The New Materialisms. Ontology, Agency and Politics (Duke University Press, summer 2010)
- 'The Politics of Reading Nietzsche', Political Studies vol.46 no.2 (June 1998), pp.348-363
- 'Threads and Plaits or an Unfinished Project? Feminism(/s) through the Twentieth Century', Journal of Political Ideologies vol.5 no.1 (Feb 2000) pp.35-54
- 'Cartographic Convulsions: Public and Private Reconsidered', Political Theory vol.28 no.3 (June 2000), pp.497-514
- 'Thinking Politically with Merleau-Ponty', Radical Philosophy 108 (July/Aug 2001), pp. 17-28.
- 'Philosophy as Political Engagement: Revisiting Merleau-Ponty and Reopening the Communist Question', Contemporary Political Theory vol.2.3 (October 2003) pp.327-350.
- 'Rethinking Agency: A Phenomenological Approach to Embodiment and Agentic Capacities', Political Studies vol. 53 (March 2005), pp.124-142
- 'Dialectical Critical Realism and Existential Phenomenology: A Dialogue', New Formations vol. 56 (summer 2005) pp. 121-132
- 'Agency, Truth and Meaning: Judging the Hutton Report', British Journal of Political Science vol. 35 (July 2005) pp.465-485
- 'Experiencing Discourse: Gendered Styles and the Embodiment of Power’, British Journal of Politics and International Relations vol. 9.3 (2007), pp. 413-433
- 'Butler’s Phenomenological Existentialism’, in T. Carver and S. Chambers eds, Judith Butler’s Precarious Politics: Critical Encounters (London & New York: Routledge, 2008)
- 'Repairing Civil Society and Experimenting with Power: A Genealogy of Social Capital’, Political Studies vol. 57.2 (2009), pp. 374-396.
- With Samantha Frost, 'Introducing the New Materialisms', in D. Coole and S. Frost eds, The New Materialisms(Duke UP 2010).
- 'The Inertia of Matter and the Generativity of Flesh', in D. Coole and S. Frost eds, The New Materialisms (Duke UP 2010).
- Cultural Critique
- Theory and Event
- Journal of Contemporary Political Theory
- European Journal of Political Theory
- Co-editor for the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Political Thought (forthcoming 2012)