Diploma and Certificate Holders' Reception
The Diploma and Certificate Holders' Reception gives you a chance to celebrate your achievements with fellow students and tutors. The informal annual event lasts about two hours.
Date: Thursday 21 February 2013
Location: Beveridge Hall and MacMillan Hall, Senate House
Start time: 5.30pm
If you are eligible, we will be in touch by email to invite you to book your place. If you think you should have been invited but have not heard from us by the end of January 2013, please get in touch email@example.com
Booking your ticket
If you are eligible to attend the Diploma and Certificate Holders' Reception, we will contact you in advance of the event (via email where possible) with information and details about how to book. If we do not have an email address for you, we will send a letter to your home address, as held on your My Birkbeck profile - you are resposible for keeping these details up to date.
- Diploma and Certificate holders are able to attend free of charge but places must be booked using the online booking system by the deadline of 10 February.
- Guest tickets are available at a cost of £15 per ticket and must be booked and paid for online. Details about how to do this using our secure online system will be included with the invitation email
- Once you book online you should get a personalised e-ticket that you will need to print and bring with you in order to be admitted to the event. If you are unable to print the ticket then a copy of the confirmation email is fine.
What happens at the event?
The Diploma and Certificate Holders' Reception starts at 5.30pm. All students are asked to arrive by 5pm in order to be checked in and seated
- The Reception is an informal event, so you will not be required to wear academic dress or to go onto the stage. You will not be pesented with your certificate at the event.
- The first part of the evening will take place in the Beveridge Hall and will consist of speeches, prize presentations and a performance.
- During the second part of the evening, drinks will be served in the MacMillan Hall.
Certificates are not presented at the event so you do not have to attend the reception in order to receive your certificate. All certificates will be posted to you at a later date.
If you have any queries about your certificate, please contact the Examinations and Assessment Office on 020 7380 3028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access and parking
- The nearest NCP car park is at Russell Square, which is a ten minute walk from Senate House
- Please contact the events office directly if you need to reserve a disabled car parking space.
If your question is not covered by this general information, please contact us on 020 7380 3109/3118
We hope you enjoy the event!