The Birkbeck study skills team are offering maths one to one assistance from understanding and drawing graphs, plots and diagrams to interpreting data, re-arranging equations, converting units, dealing with statistics, understanding inequalities, spreadsheets, making substitutions, solving simultaneous equations and much, much more.
Priority of booking will be given to 1st year undergraduate students. Other students may book a session subject to availability. Sessions last for 60 minutes. Only one session may be booked at a time. Availability of repeat sessions may be limited due to demand; also please note that this service is only for students who are not doing maths studies.
To book a place you can phone 020 3073 8042, or email email@example.com and please provide your ID (student number).
Courses and workshops
- Mathematics (short modules) (£)
- Mathematics and Laboratory basics (summer preparation modules) (£)
- Mathematics and statistics for social scientists (£)
- Ask Dr. Math Basic maths questions answered by maths professors. You can either email questions or search the archives
- Mathcentre online exercises, leaflets and video tutorials on key topics
- Maths for science and technology: free online course from Open University OpenLearn
- Math Forum: comprehensive guide covering a range of topics including algebra, calculus, geometry, probability and statistics. Also has sections on applied maths for the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- Maths Online: A list of links to various interactive online learning materials
- Mathematical Study Skills from the Open University, offering online activities and links to other online resources
- Mathtutor: Videos with written summaries, available as DVDs for purchase or free to use online
- Free statistics podcasts