Evening nursery service
If you are studying in central London, you can use our evening nursery service while you attend classes or use the library. If you want to talk to someone about this, please contact us.
- Check our Stratford childcare guidance if you are studying in Stratford.
- About the nursery: we aim to provide a pleasurable nursery experience for your child(ren).
- What we expect from you: to help us provide the best possible service, we will expect you to comply with our procedures.
- Who can attend: we accept children aged 2-6 years (or older if your child is already attending the nursery)
- Opening hours: the nursery is open from 5.30-9.00 pm (Monday to Friday) during term time. We are also able to offer an occasional service, if you need to book additional nursery sessions for your child, although we will need a minimum notice period of 24 hours. For more information, please contact the nursery manager.
- Cost and payment: the cost is £15.00 per evening, per child if you pay at least half a term at a time or £20 for one-off bookings. You must bring a completed Birkbeck Nursery Payment Form to the nursery. If you are paying fees the form must be signed and stamped by a member of Birkbeck staff to confirm payment.
|Evenings per week||1||2||3||4||5|
|Cost per half term||£82.50||£165||£247.50||£330||£412.50|
|Cost per term||£165||£330||£495||£660||
- You can pay by card or cash at the My Birkbeck helpdesk in the main Birkbeck Building, Torrington Square.
- If you are a single parent with an annual income below £16,845 you may be able to get help with childcare costs.
- How to enrol: you should complete the nursery application form and return it to us.