UEL library services for students studying in Stratford
In addition to the Birkbeck Library in central London, if you are studying one of our courses in Stratford you can use the UEL Stratford campus library.
- Library card: you will need a UEL library card to access the UEL library.
- Opening hours: UEL library is open 24 hours, seven days a week during term-time.
- Learning Support Advisers: The Birkbeck Learning Support Advisers are available to support Birkbeck students at the UEL Library during term at the following times:
- Monday: 4.00pm - 9.00pm
- Tuesday: 4.00pm - 9.00pm
- Wednesday: 4.00pm - 9.00pm
- Thursday: 4.30pm - 9.00pm
- Friday: 4.00pm - 8.00pm
- Saturday: 10.00am - 4.30pm
- Sunday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Loans: You will be able to borrow up to 10 items from the specially chosen collection of books provided by Birkbeck and located in Room 121 (Birkbeck Resources) within the UEL Stratford campus library. You will also be able to consult other books and journals in UEL’s collections for reference.
- Fines may be paid in person, by phone or by using the fines coin payment machine situated by the self-issue machines.
- Library research skills: check our guide to research skills and our learning support information if you are new to using libraries or just want to refresh your skills.
- To watch our guide, click on 'Login as a guest':
- See also the Help and Support pages on the UEL library website for a general overview of how to use Stratford Campus library; and the Birkbeck Stratford page on the Birkbeck Library website.
Computing and IT facilities
- You are able to book a UEL library PC at Stratford Campus Library and Learning Centre without queueing at the counter.
- Information about UEL IT services and facilities is available on the UEL website and in various information leaflets, which you can collect from the UEL Library or IT Services helpdesk.
- You will also be able to access Birkbeck Library’s e-resources via the Internet. These resources include e-books, e-journals and databases. Find out how to access Birkbeck's electronic resources.
Where to get help
- Our learning support advisers can give you in-depth assistance with the use of the library and IT facilities. A will be present at the enquiry desk on most Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Saturdays throughout July.
- In addition, staff at the UEL campus can provide assistance.
Please note: Owing to access restrictions to the UEL buildings, only Birkbeck students enrolled on a course at Birkbeck, Stratford are able to use the facilities at UEL. Find out more about the student support facilities in central London.