What happens once you apply?
Once you have submitted your application, our admissions team will check that the form is complete and then send it to the relevant School or Department for their consideration. They may then contact you for further information or for an interview.
The decision to shortlist candidates is made on the basis of:
- the statement of experience and interests you give in your application
- performance in an entrance test, if required
- quality of written work submitted, if required
- your previous study experience, as shown on the application form
- referees' reports, if required
As soon as a decision is made, the School will either send you a provisional offer letter or a rejection letter.
If you are successful, the Registry will then send you a formal offer of admission.
Get Ahead summer programme
Once you have applied for a course (even while you are waiting to hear about your application) you are eligible to attend free workshops designed to help you prepare and get ready for your degree study.