Undergraduate, postgraduate or MPhil/PhD degree enrolment
- What is enrolment?
- Enrolling as new student
- Registering with the College
- Using your My Birkbeck Profile
- What happens after you enrol?
- Get Ahead Summer Programme
If you have applied to study an undergraduate, postgraduate or MPhil/PhD degree at Birkbeck and have received an offer of a place, you will then need to formally enrol online with the College.
The same is also true for some Certificate of Higher Education courses which involve an application process.
If you wish to study an open-access short course or a Certificate of Higher Education which doesn't require an application process, you can enrol directly at any time.
If you are already a Birkbeck student and continuing your studies, you will also need to enrol for the next academic year via your My Birkbeck Profile.
We will send you an email inviting you to enrol online if:
- you have been formally accepted on a programme of study
- you have accepted your offer of admission
- there are no outstanding offer conditions.
The email will contain your username and password which you will need to enrol and access Birkbeck’s online facilities.
Places are limited, so you should enrol as soon as possible.
During the enrolment process you will need to set up your payment plan for that year, either by:
- paying in full (by credit or debit card)
- setting up a direct debit mandate to pay in instalments
- or agreeing to apply for a student loan (for eligible Certificate of Higher Education and undergraduate students).
Once you have enrolled, you will also need to formally register with the College; you will only need to do this once.
Congratulations on progressing to your next academic year at Birkbeck. We will send you an email asking you to enrol on the next academic year of your course and either pay your fees or arrange payment for them as soon as possible.
Your username and password.contains all your student records details and you can access it at any time with your
You can also use your My Birkbeck Profile to:
- enrol on your course
- update your contact details
- confirm you module and programme details
- arrange to pay your fees or further instalments
- check your tuition fee account
- view your personalised timetable with details about where your classes are taking place.
If you need to contact us you should quote your student reference number (as given on your formal offer) which will help us to identify you.
The School or department that organises your course will provide you with information on your programme of study near to the start date of your course. This will include:
- preliminary reading lists
- details of any special arrangements about the first meeting of your course.
If you have enrolled on a course you are eligible to participate in a series of workshops designed to help you prepare and get ready for your degree:
- Get Ahead summer programme for new undergraduate students
- Get Ahead summer programme for new postgraduate students.
As a new student, you will also be invited to attend a College orientation event and inductions organised by your school or department.