Enrolling on a Certificate of Higher Education or short course
Most modules are part of Certificate of Higher Education courses, however you can choose to only study one or more modules without completing the whole programme if you wish.
- There are usually no selection processes or interview for module enrolments (marked ME in the course listings).
- You can normally enrol immediately by paying the module fee in full.
Some modules are marked ME(P) (modular enrolment with prerequisites): you can enrol on these modules as long as you meet the required prerequisites.
For all module enrolment ME or modular enrolment with prerequisites ME(P) courses you can enrol directly onto the module without any application process, though you may need to contact us to demonstrate that you have met the prerequisites for some ME(P) modules.
Students are admitted on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Some Certificates of Higher Education courses have a selection process; you will need to complete an application for these courses and will be able to enrol later if your application is successful.
For these courses you are required to apply for the whole programmes of study and cannot take individual modules.
For all programme enrolments we will invite you to enrol after your application has been processed and you have an unconditional offer of a place. During the enrolment process you will be asked a few questions to identify if you are eligible for any discounts offered.
- You can enrol and pay online for most modules by clicking the ‘enrol online’ link next to the module details in the online listings.
- You will be able to select all the modules that you wish to study before completing enrolment by either paying your fees, or making specific arrangements to pay your fees via a promissory enrolment
- At the end of the process you will receive a confirmation of enrolment. Please print this off for your records and take it to your first class.
An email address is required for enrolment; if you do not have a personal email account you can find information on our website about setting up a personal email account.
Your enrolment will be completed:
- by paying your full fees
- by paying your first instalment and setting up a direct debit to pay the remaining instalments.
- by making a Promissory Enrolment in which you make a specific agreement to ensure your fees are paid.
Discounts, fee waivers and bursaries
If you apply for a discount, fee waiver or bursary this will also be treated as a Promissory Enrolment in which you will have 28 days to bring in the relevant supporting documentation before you become liable for the full fees.