The My Birkbeck website now has a number of new and improved features.
My Birkbeck website improvements
Last year we undertook an extensive research programme to find out what you thought of the My Birkbeck website. You provided us with a number of excellent ideas to help improve the site.
There are several improvements planned, a number of which are in place and others which will be coming in the next few months.
Improvements now in place:
- New navigation. Fees and finance information is now placed together in one area.
- My Birkbeck login. This popular link is now placed more prominently on the homepage.
- Quick links and What You Can Do Now. These lists are now combined.
- News and events. You can now get My Birkbeck news and events fed through to your Facebook or Twitter accounts or RSS feed.
- Design layout. We have simplified and streamlined the content of the homepage, and at the same time prioritised the most frequently used links and moved the lesser used links:
- My Birkbeck login. Now has its own prominent link button.
- Contact us. This is now included in the Quick Links.
- Eating and drinking. This link is now combined with the Sports and Social Life information.
- Clearer information about the Birkbeck Flickr group and how to share your photos of Birkbeck.
- Learning support. You will soon be able to book your place on Learning Support and Study Skills workshops online.
- Email subscription. You will soon be able sign up to have My Birkbeck news and event information sent to you via email.
Tell us what you think
If you have any comments about the new My Birkbeck website developments or any suggestions so we can improve the site further, please send your comments to: email@example.com