Surviving your first term
If you haven’t studied for a while it might take you some time to find your feet and get back into studying again. There are a number of resources available to help you through your first term and during your time at Birkbeck:
Refresh your study skills
- Get Ahead: Stay Ahead - online interactive tutorials
- Booking a study skills workshop
- Learning support and skills training including getting help with assignments, revision, essays, research and more.
Get practical help
- Get Ahead: Stay Ahead - information and interactive tutorials to help you get the best possible start to your course and support during your studies.
- Get to know Birkbeck
- Online Library Induction (LIFE)
- Disability and dyslexia support
- Financial support
- Get something to eat or drink before your first class
- My Birkbeck helpdesk for any general enquiries
- Get careers-related advice and guidance from the University of London Careers Service.
Make the most of your Students' Union
Other useful resources
- Bank Account Advice - How to mange your bank and bank account