If your employer or other organisation (sponsor) has agreed to pay all or part of your fees on your behalf, you should give us the sponsor's details when you enrol. Your sponsor will need to provide us with an official signed letter on company letterhead or a purchase order confirming their sponsorship. The original letter or purchase order should be returned to the My Birkbeck Student Centre within 28 days of your enrolment.
What your sponsor's letter must state
- Your sponsor's letter must contain the following information:
- Student Name
- Student Number
- Programme of Study
- Name of Sponsor
- Address and relevant contact details of the sponsor (preferred staff member, telephone number, email etc)
- Percentage or specified amount of your fees that the sponsor will pay
Fully sponsored students
- If your sponsor has agreed to pay your programme fees in full, simply bring your sponsor's letter of confirmation to the My Birkbeck Student Centre within 28 days of enrolment.
- The Fees Office will then send an invoice directly to the sponsor.
- If your sponsor has agreed to pay less than the full fee, or a specified percentage of the fee, please ensure this is clearly specified when you enrol.
- You will need to pay the balance of the fees due or otherwise arrange payment of fees in order to complete enrolment. The balance can be paid by any of the methods offered to self-financing students. You must then bring the sponsor's confirmation of sponsorship letter to the My Birkbeck Student Centre within 28 days of enrolment. The Fees Office will then send an invoice directly to the sponsor.
Non-payment by sponsor
- In the event of non-payment by a sponsor within the 30 days of the invoice date, you will be personally liable for the payment of fees in full.