Paying your fees in instalments
When you enrol online you can spread your payments across instalments starting from the date that you enrol. A first instalment will be taken by credit or debit card, and then you will need to set up a direct debit in which the remainder of payments will be deducted monthly on or around the 1st of the month.
CertHE modular study
- For modular study, payments will be spread across monthly payments from the date of enrolment until the month that your last module ends.
- For programme enrolments, payments will be spread across monthly payments from the date of enrolment until 1 July 2014 (for students starting in October 2013).
How direct debit works
- Once you have completed your direct debit instruction, we will pass your instructions to your Bank/Building Society.
- Please note we can only set up a Direct Debit from a UK bank account. Also, banks and building societies may not accept direct debit instructions for some types of account.
- If you are unsure on this point, you should check with your bank/building society before you submit your direct debit instruction.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Birkbeck College will notify you ten working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Birkbeck College to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Birkbeck College or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Birkbeck College asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us. Please note, if you cancel this instruction, you must arrange another method of payment immediately or your registration may be cancelled.