Alumni and union discounts
On enrolment you may be offered one or more of our discounts. You can only apply one discount at any one time; if you are offered more than one discount you will need to select which one you wish to be applied prior to enrolment.
Please note: you must claim any discount on enrolment, as you will not be able to claim a discount retrospectively.
- Birkbeck is offering a 10% discount on tuition fees to all Birkbeck alumni who have completed an undergraduate degree and are enrolling on any master's degree (MA, MSc, LLM and MRes) starting in the autumn of 2015/16.
- When you complete enrolment online you will be asked if you want to take advantage of the alumni discount. No additional proof should be required, since we will already have a record of you having completed an honours degree with us.
10% discount for union members
- If you are a member of a union that is recognised by the Trades Union Congress (TUC), you can claim 10% off all accredited Birkbeck courses (certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate).
- When you complete enrolment online you will be asked if you want to take advantage of the Union Learn discount. You will then be given 28 days to provide proof of your eligibility for this discount.
- To apply for the discount, you need to meet with your Union Learning Representative or Full-time Officer who will complete the UnionLearn verification letter to support your application.
- You then need to bring/post the completed verification letter and a copy of your confirmation of enrolment to the My Birkbeck Student Centre, Malet Street, WC1E 7HX.