- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Higher Education: Birkbeck, University of London
- PhD Management: Birkbeck, University of London
- MA Labour Studies: University of Manchester
- BSc Management: Lancaster University
- Geoff joined the department in 2003, initially working as a research officer in the Football Governance Research Centre.
- In 2004 he was awarded a three-year scholarship from the Economic and Social Research Council to work on a PhD researching corporate governance in the football industry, with a specific focus on the stakeholder model of governance. He completed his PhD in 2007.
- He was appointed lecturer in Management in the Department in 2008.
- Geoff is a Director of the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre
Dr Geoff Walters