Managing Difficult & Demanding Customer Situations for Frontline Staff
This 1-day skills-based course has been designed for frontline staff at Birkbeck who liaise with customers on a regular basis. The course will provide you with the skills to react calmly and positively with difficult customers. It will equip you with techniques to diffuse those difficult situations effectively and disengage emotionally from difficult behaviour. The course has been specifically tailored to Birkbeck and will focus on the student journey and the opportunity to understand the role of colleagues throughout the College.
The course will provide the opportunity to:
- Understand the student experience and expectations at Birkbeck and how this may impact on challenging situations
- Identify the levels of stress & how they trigger difficult behaviour
- Understand how to say ‘no’ to customers and handle criticism, put downs and arrogance
- Enhance interpersonal skills and assertive responses
- Discuss techniques for dealing with confrontational customers and demanding situations
- Recognise your own and customer emotions throughout the exchange and build a way forward
This course will be led by Paul Mills Learning & Development Advisor at Birkbeck.
- Friday 02 November 2012. Time 9:30 - 17:00
- Tuesday 15 January 2013. Time 9:30 - 17:00
- Thursday 07 March 2013. Time 9:30 - 17:00
- Thursday 13 June 2013. Time 9:30 - 17:00
Please use our online booking form to sign up