Chartered Management Institute (CMI) - Level 3 Award in First Line Management
Developing Team Performance
This Level 3 Award in First Line Management replaces the Introductory Certificate in Management previously run through Learning and Organisational Development. This Award is at the same level as the previously delivered Certificate. This 2 day course has been designed for new line managers and supervisors who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills knowledge in team performance.
Who will benefit
Employees at grades 5-7 who:
- are newly appointed managers / first line managers; or
- supervise others; or
- about to take on management of others; or
- are established managers who want to gain a nationally recognised qualification in management.
Over the 2 days you will look at:
- Effective team working: The four stages of successful team building; measurement tools, the priorities and motivations of individuals, what makes teams fail and how to avoid this.
- Manager or Leader? The roles and responsibilities of a manager and a leader and how to apply them in your role, practical exercises to introduce the five key leadership attributes.
- Communicate for success: Enrich and refine team briefings and communication skills; being assertive in difficult situations; overcoming barriers; facilitation techniques; delivering feedback.
- Manage team and individual performance: When to delegate; empowering individuals; assess the three different management styles and hone your own style; develop your training and coaching skills; situational leadership.
Completion of the Award and Assessment
To achieve the Award the delegate must complete the 2 day course and complete an assessment based on 3 questions relating to the course (2500-3000 words). Delegates are expected to relate the questions directly to their role and working environment.
The course will provide support material to enable the assessment to be completed and tutor support.
Once you have been accepted onto the course, there is an understanding that you will complete the assessment within the timescale given by our provider. If you decide not to complete the assessment your School or Department maybe charged for the CMI enrolment and assessment fee.
The benefits of achieving a Chartered Management Institute qualification
Once you have completed your CMI Award in First Line Management you will receive a year's student membership to the CMI. This service allows you to enjoy full member status for a year and access to a significant number of benefits to support you through your management career.
- Unlimited on-line access to the CMI's ManagementDirect a comprehensive management information resource.
- An on-line Continuing Professional Development system which helps to assess your needs, plan your development and record your activities.
- The availability of networking through the Institute's local branches, nationwide and online.
Full benefits can be found through this link. CMI Benefits
If you would like to attend this course, please discuss the relevance of this course to your role within the College with your line manager.
On completing the online booking form, please confirm that you and your line manager have discussed your attendance on the course.
Thursday 25 October and Friday 26 October 2012
Tuesday 07 May and Wednesday 08 May 2013
Terry Pearce from Reed Learning
Please use our online booking form to sign up.