Supporting Multilingual and multicultural families
Past event: Supporting Multilingual and Multicultural Families Seminar
Venue: Band Room at Coram's Fields, 93 Guildford Street, London WC1N 1DN
- Centre for Multilingual and Multicultural Research, Department of Applied Linguistics and Communication, Birkbeck, University of London
What it is about
- Bringing up children multilingually can be challenging at times. The event will help the participants to understand the process and benefits of learning and using two or more languages from young age and to share experience and advice on bringing up children multilingually.
- It will be open to anyone interested in childhood bilingualism and multilingualism.
The event will bring together international experts from bilingualism, bilingual education, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics as well as parents and grandparents who have had experiences of bringing up children bilingually and multilingually.
Panel speakers include:
- Professor Helen Grech (University of Malta)
- Dr Raymonde Sneddon (University of East London / Birkbeck College)
- Dr Penelope Gardner-Chloros (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Richard Howeson (Eurotalk Interactive)
- Sarah Cartwright (CILT, the National Centre for Languages)
- Seminar Programme
- Children's Code-switching Handout
- Facilitating Language Development in Bilingual Childen: Powerpoint Slides
- Young Bilingual Children Becoming Authors: Powerpoint Slides
- Building Self-Esteem: Powerpoint Slides
If you have any questions, please email our Administrator, Kevin Smith, at email@example.com
Coram's Fields is a child-friendly park, but please note that the event organisers are unable to provide childcare. If you wish to bring children with you, you will need to make your own arrangements.