Make sure you know what other libraries you can use, and details of our inter-library loan service.
Of particular interest are:
- British Film Institute Reuben Library - see their web site for details.
- Barbican Library - public library.
- British Library - for materials not readily accessible locally. Reference use only. BL's admission procedure.
- London Metropolitan University - member of the SCONUL Access Scheme, see below.
- Senate House Library, University of London (ULL) - check here, some categories of Birkbeck students have paid for by their School borrowing rights to this library.
- University College Library (UCL) - reference use only.
SCONUL Access Scheme
Part-time students, full-time taught postgraduates, research students and staff may borrow from the libraries of over 170 UK higher education institutions via this scheme. Those enrolled on a CHE course that is equal or greater than 60 CATS or on a degree course are eligible to join this scheme. Apply via online application form to Birkbeck library.
Other useful links include:
- Union List of Serials - searches the journal holdings of the majority of University of London college and research institute libraries.
- COPAC - the combined catalogues of 20 major UK research libraries, including Oxford and Cambridge.
- Search25 - search across the catalogues of all the libraries in the M25 area, also gives links to their web sites and details of which subjects they specialise in
Click on the Other Libraries tab at the top of the page for further information.