Finding out where material is held
Search for books and journals
- Search25 is a replacement for Inform25 which searches for books and journals across all academic libraries in the M25 area.
- COPAC searches the combined catalogues of the UK's major research libraries. Click here for a full list of the libraries covered.
- WorldCat search in libraries around the world.
- London's public libraries - to search London's public libraries.
Search for journals only
- The Union List of Serials covers the journal holdings of the University of London and the University of Westminster. Once you have located a journal you are advised to check the catalogue of the holding library as the ULS does not always give full information. Please note: journals held in electronic form in other libraries are not usually available to Birkbeck members.
- SUNCAT includes journal information from over 60 UK libraries, including the British Library, the National Libraries of Scotland and Wales, some of the largest Higher Education institutions in the UK and an increasing number of specialist libraries.
Search for archives
- Archives Hub searches across the archive and manuscript collections in UK Higher Education institutions.
Search for special collections
- MASC25 - Mapping Access to Special Collections in the London area.
You can also click on the links on the left to see lists of links to individual libraries