Getting Started with BookMyne
- Download and install the app from Apple or Android stores as appropriate.
- Open BookMyne on your device
- Either use the GPS or location service on on your phone to find local libraries.
Libraries will be listed in order of proximity, so if you are near Birkbeck we should be near the top. If you can't see us you can search for us by tapping the magnifying glass icon.
- Select Birkbeck to go to our "home page".
This gives details about us and at the foot of the page is an option add us to your list of favourite libraries.
- Tap the "house" icon to start searching or to access your account.
- Tap on the My Account option to log into your account using your library barcode. You can see what you have on loan, renew items and check on any requests you may have placed.
- Tap on the My Bookshelf option to find a copy of the BookMyne manual. You will need an epub reader (such as Bluefire) installed on your device. A pdf version is also available for Apple and Android.
You can also create and edit booklists here, but use with caution if you already have lists on the catalogue as we have seen these disappear!
- Search by entering keywords in the search box. You can change the type of search by tapping on "Keyword" and selecting a different search. When the results are shown tap on itms of interest to see more details, where they are shelved, and if they are available.
- If you have any suggestions or questions please let us know and we will pass these on to our suppliers if we can't answer them. Please remember that this is not developed by us so we don't have any immediate control over the performance.