Patrick undertakes a wide range of consultancy work for many international agencies, such as the World Bank, the EU, the Council of Europe, UN agencies and bilateral donors on land, local government and natural resource issues. Among his most recent consultancies have been:
- work on urban redevelopment in Riyadh
- urban planning in Syria and Albania
- land law reform in Maldives
- land management in Sudan
He has authored or co-authored the following reports as part of these consultancies:
- The Republic of Sudan: MINI DIAGNOSTIC STATE LEVEL BARRIERS TO INVESTMENT in Gedaref State, Gezira State, North Kordofan State and Red Sea State.
- Co-author (of 4) of report by Law and Development Partnership for the International Finance Corporation World Bank 2009
- Arriyadh Development Framework Interim Report Vol. 1 Review of Planning and Land Law in Saudi Arabia.
- Member of team preparing a 3-volume report by Dar al Handasah for Arriyadh Development Corporation. August 2008. Sole author of Vol. 1 Positive Planning: A New Approach to Urban Planning Law in Syria.
- A report prepared in Action Plan 9 of the EU’s Municipal Administration Modernisation project in Syria. August 2008
- Mortgages: a guide to their use in agricultural and rural development.
Agricultural and Rural Development Notes: World Bank. June 2008
- Demolitions and Regulatory Takings within Europe (with special reference to law and practice in Southern Europe)
- Policy Note for World Bank: Sustainable Development Sector Unit. Albania: Integrated Coastal Zone Management. November 2008