Document Actions

Overseas Students

Attendance, change of circumstance and withdrawal

Overseas students must notify their department of their intention to:

  • withdraw from a programme
  • return to their country of origin (either temporarily or permanently)
  • to take a holiday

Department staff will then ensure that the Registry is notified without delay. Records will be kept of all approved holidays and breaks and students must ensure that they notify department staff on their return so they can be checked back in.

Students must report any permanent withdrawal from a programme which Birkbeck will then report to UKBA immediately.

Any intention or approval to change programme or change of programme or study period must be reported to admin staff who will then inform the Registry immediately.

Failure to comply could lead to your visa being revoked.