Committee structure of the School of Law
School of Law Executive Board
- The Executive is made up of the Executive Dean, the School Manager, and the four Assistant Deans.
- It meets once per month and is responsible for the overall management of the School and strategic planning.
School of Law Board
- The School of Law Board is made up of all academic and administrative staff and meets once per term.
- A student representative from each degree programme is invited to attend and participate in School of Law meetings.
- The School of Law Board has sub-committees to deal with Teaching, Quality and Research.
Teaching and Quality Enhancement Committee
- The Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee has responsibility for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching matters and monitors the working and development of the Qualifying Law Degrees and taught Master's programmes.
- Recommendations of the Teaching Committee go to the School of Law meeting and for any further discussion and then to the School Executive for final approval.
- The teaching committee currently has an ad hoc sub-committee which is undertaking a review of the School’s curriculum. It also reviews student feedback and considers issues raised by students in the termly student-staff liaison committee where students are represented by elected class representatives.
- The Research Committee meets at least once per term to consider policy relating to staff and their research. It also oversees the needs of research students and monitors the working and development of MPhil/PhD programmes and the progress of PhD students.
- Where possible, we encourage staff to teach to their research as we believe this improves the quality of students’ academic life and experience.
Student-Staff Liaison Committee
- The Student-Staff liaison committee considers all aspects of student feedback, welfare and curriculum development. It is chaired by the relevant programme director. Student-Staff liaison committee meetings are held once per term. Student representation is made up of class representatives, elected at the start of each academic year.
- Further details of the support for class representatives provided by the Student’s Union.