Applying for a Tier 4 visa

To apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must submit a fully completed visa application form with supporting documentation.

How to apply

Applying from outside the UK

Applying from inside the UK

Related actions

To apply, you will also need to:

Submit supporting documentation

Attend a Credibility interview

Pay an Immigration health surcharge

What to do once you receive a decision on your application

If your visa application was successful, you should:

If your visa application was unsuccessful, please send us the refusal note you received and request a new CAS. Please note that a CAS cannot be used more than once so do not submit a fresh visa application form without getting a new CAS.

Collecting your Biometric Residence Permit

You will receive a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) automatically if your visa is approved. The BRP includes information about you, and is used to confirm your identity, your right to study in the UK and your right to any services or benefits you're entitled to.

How to collect your BRP.