Applying for a Tier 4 visa
How to apply
Applying from outside the UK
- Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online.
Applying from inside the UK
- You can submit your application and pay your visa application fees and immigration health surcharge from inside the UK by using 'Online' application.
- You then print your Tier 4 visa application cover sheet, and send it with your supporting documents to UKVI or take them to your appointment.
To apply, you will also need to:
Submit supporting documentation
- You will need to supply supporting documentation with your application.
Attend a Credibility interview
Pay an Immigration health surcharge
- You will have to pay an immigration health surcharge while you are making your application unless you are exempt.
What to do once you receive a decision on your application
If your visa application was successful, you should:
If your visa application was unsuccessful, please send us the refusal note you received and request a new CAS. Please note that a CAS cannot be used more than once so do not submit a fresh visa application form without getting a new CAS.
Collecting your Biometric Residence Permit
You will receive a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) automatically if your visa is approved. The BRP includes information about you, and is used to confirm your identity, your right to study in the UK and your right to any services or benefits you're entitled to.