Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Ivory Coast with a French Baccalaureat (with minimum grades from 12/20 to 15/20) can be considered for direct entry onto an undergraduate degree. Most other applicants will normally be required to complete a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- To be considered for entry onto a Master’s degree at Birkbeck, a student from the Ivory Coast must have completed a Maitrise, Diplome d'Etude Approfondies, Diplome d'Etude Superieures or Diplome d'Etude Superieures Specialisees from a recognised university (14-15 out of 20 or Bien from a well ranked institution is considered comparable to a UK 2:1, while a score of 12-13 out of 20 or Assez Bien is considered comparable to a UK 2:2).
- Please note that all applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to Master's programmes with a lower-level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for 2- or 3-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master’s degree.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.