Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Cameroon who have taken the Cameroonian General Certificate of Education Advanced Level are accepted for direct entry. The Cameroonian Baccalauréat is not accepted for direct entry and students with this qualification will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the University. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
- A-level AAA = 144 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer AAA
- A-level AAB = 136 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer AAB
- A-level ABB = 128 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer ABB
- A-level BBB = 120 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer BBB
- A-level BBC = 112 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer BBC
- A-level BCC = 104 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer BCC
- A-level CCC = 96 UCAS tariff points = comparable offer CCC.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Cameroon with a good Bachelor’s degree or Licence will also need to complete a Foundation course to be considered eligible for entry. Applicants who hold a Diplôme d'Etudes Superieures de Commerce (DESC) or Diplôme d'Ingénieur or a Maîtrise from a recognised institution are eligible for entry, provided they meet the relevant GPA.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two- or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- French system:
- 15 (British system (CGPA): 3.7; English translation or equivalent: 1st)
- 13 (British system (CGPA): 3.3; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 11 (British system (CGPA): 2.7; English translation or equivalent: 2:2).
Research degrees entry requirements
- To be considered for entry to a research degree, applicants must have successfully completed a Master's degree from a recognised institution.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.