Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Bangladesh who have completed the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)/Intermediate Certificate will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the University. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students who hold a good Bachelor’s degree from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) are eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree. Students with a Bachelor's from another university in Bangladesh will need to complete a Foundation course to be considered eligible for entry.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
- BUET Bachelor's degrees GPA:
- 3.75 (alternative name: First Class/Division; English translation or equivalent: 2:1)
- 3.0 (alternative name: Second Class/Division; English translation or equivalent: 2:2)
- 2.5 (alternative name: Third Class/Division; English translation or equivalent: 3rd).
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto research degree courses students should normally have a Master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.