Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants from Azerbaijan will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the University. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes. Students may also be considered with at least one year of an approved Bachelor’s programme from a recognised Azerbaijani university with a minimum 4 (out of 5) GPA or good, although the offer will vary from subject to subject.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students who hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum average grade of 4/B/Good or Master’s/Magister degree with a minimum average grade of 4/B/Good from a recognised university are eligible for entry onto a Master’s degree.
- Relevant work experience may also be considered for students whose GPAs are slightly below the preferred requirements.
- If you do not meet these criteria, you can apply for Birkbeck’s International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two- or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- The usual entrance requirement for a research degree is a Master's from a recognised university in Azerbaijan.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.