Undergraduate entry requirements
- Applicants with the Baccalauria/Baccalaureate Certificate or the Vocational/Technical Baccalauria will normally require a Foundation course for entry onto undergraduate programmes at the university. These offer the opportunity for guaranteed progression onto Birkbeck’s Bachelor programmes.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. IB requirements range from 28 to 30, depending on the course.
- Afghan applicants who have studied the American curriculum can find entry requirements listed on the USA country page.
Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students with a Bachelor's Degree from Afghanistan will need a Bachelor's Degree from Afghanistan plus a Foundation Programme such as Birkbeck's International Foundation Programme, which acts as a bridge between undergraduate and postgraduate study, preparing students to study a Master’s degree in the UK. There are progression pathways onto various courses at Birkbeck.
- Another option is the Master's Foundation programme, which is available for two- or three-term progression onto a wide range of Master’s degrees at Birkbeck.
Research degrees entry requirements
- For entry onto a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Master’s degree with good grades and evidence of research experience.
- Applicants are strongly urged to contact potential supervisors within the department before submitting a research application.
Find out about our international scholarships.