Enrolment and registration FAQ
New Student FAQ
How do I enrol for my course?
- If you have been made an unconditional offer and you have accepted the place, you can now complete your enrolment with the college. This will give you access to all college facilities, including the Library. If you have not yet completed your enrolment, you can do so by visiting your My Birkbeck Profile and following the enrolment instructions.
I don’t have an ITS username and password
- You will need this in order to login to your profile. If you have not received this yet, please contact the ITS department.
I don’t have an enrolment record
- Was your offer Conditional? If so, you must provide evidence that you have met the condition of your offer before the Registry can create an enrolment record for you. Please consult your offer letter for details of the condition and visit the My Birkbeck website for details of where to take the documentation.
When does the course start?
- The start of term is Monday 3 October 2011. Some certificate level modules will start in this week. However for undergraduate and postgraduate students this will be Induction Week. Teaching will start from Monday 10 October 2011.
- Please follow the links for details of our department Induction events:
- There are also many other induction and orientation events organised by the college which may be of interest to you.
How do I choose my options?
- Once you have accepted a place on the course and enrolled with the college, you will receive details about how to choose your options. You will be sent a link to the Course Choice forms which are available on our website:
- Once you have selected your options the form should be returned to the department office.
Where are my classes located?
- Once you have selected and been enrolled on your chosen options, these will appear on your My Birkbeck Profile. Here you will also find a link to your personal timetable which will display the room location for your chosen options.
- You should consult your timetable just before your first class in case of any last minute room changes.
Why do my course choices not show up on My Birkbeck Profile?
- Firstly, it does take a while for us to process all the forms that we receive at this time of year, so please do bear with us. Secondly, in some cases, new courses that we offer can still be waiting for course codes and you will be added to the course as soon as we can do so.
- If you submit a course choice form and there is any problem with your chosen options, we will contact you. If you do not hear from us, you can assume that you will be registered on your chosen option.
How do I access Blackboard?
- You will need your username and password to access course material via Blackboard (Birkbeck's electronic learning environment).
Why does my course not appear on my Blackboard page?
- A course can only be accessed on Blackboard if the tutor has posted any course materials. If a course shows as Not Available it is because no materials have been posted by the tutor. In these cases class materials will be distributed by the tutor in your first class.