Every year, over 100 new students join us to study one of our many Geography- and Environment-related programmes. In 2009/2010, just over 750 students enrolled or re-enrolled on our courses: 330 on one of our certificate or short courses; 174 on our undergraduate and foundation degrees; 242 at postgraduate level; and a total of 26 PhD students.
Some of them, like Sue Walton, studied with us to improve their career prospects. And then there are those, like Sarah Crew, who were attracted by the ability to to study part-time whilst working full-time. All of them are united in their desire to make the most of their time with us, some even returning after completing one degree to move on to the next level.
Read these and other testimonials from current and former students of Birkbeck's Department of Geography:
- Matt Barnett, BA Geography and Environment
- Tim Brennan, MSc Environmental Management (Protected Area Management)
- Sarah Crew, BA Geography and Environment
- Annalisa Dorigo, BSc Geography and Environment
- Simon Henzell-Thomas, MSc Business Strategy and Environment
- Michelle Ponting, BSc Environmental Conservation
- Dellis Stanberry, MSc Geographic Information Science by Distance Learning
- Sue M. Walton, BSc Environmental Conservation