We have a strong research focus that is reflected in the fact that all our academic staff have been included in all RAE submissions.
- Much of our research is funded by the UK research councils, EU and other public and third sector organisations. Find out more about our research projects.
- Each research centre in our department draws on a broad range of staff expertise to support a programme of research projects,
- We actively collaborate with industry and other research organisations and FE/HE stakeholders. We have numerous research collaborations with universities and research centres worldwide. Many of our research publications are the outcome of these collaborations.
- We undertake a high level of scholarly activity in editing academic journals and organising .
- Our academic staff are frequently invited to give keynote talks at national and international conferences and workshops.
- We actively integrate our research students into our research environment and support them throughout their studies.