Next Open Evening: 24 November 2015
Our Open Evenings are a great opportunity to find out more about our courses and talk to staff. Book your place now.
Discover our research: Multitasking and adolescents
Birkbeck's Department of Psychological Sciences has found that adolescents are less adept at multitasking than adults when combining social interaction with non-social tasks.
Look me in the eye?
New research into the development of infants with blind parents highlights adaptability of babies’ brains in learning to communicate.
Find a course
Birkbeck is a world-class research and teaching institution, a vibrant centre of academic excellence and London's only specialist provider of evening higher education.
Master of Birkbeck Professor David Latchman responds to Comprehensive Spending Review
Professor David Latchman, Master of Birkbeck, offers his thoughts on the Comprehensive Spending Review.
Adolescents are less adept at multitasking than adults, psychological study suggests
Multi-institutional study investigates effects of multitasking on social interactions
London Assembly Member Kemi Badenoch visits Birkbeck
Kemi Badenoch, who serves as a London-wide member of the London Assembly, visited Birkbeck this week, where she met with Master of the college Professor David Latchman.
Infants of blind parents pay less attention to eyes
Sighted infants of blind parents also exhibit advanced visual attention and memory skills, Birkbeck study finds
Birkbeck and the Bonnart Trust set up new PhD Scholarship scheme
A new postgraduate scholarship scheme has been agreed between the Pears Institute for the study of Antisemitism at Birkbeck and the Bonnart Trust.
- 26 November 2015 : Developing Your Research Career: Research and the Media: Spreading the Word
- 26 November 2015 : Health and Sustainable Development – Public Lecture
- 26 November 2015 : Birkbeck Criminology Series: Money Laundering in the City of London: London as a laundry of choice
- 26 November 2015 : Blood Fractions: the Octoroon and Other Fantasies
- 27 November 2015 : Love is Still Possible in this Junkie World
- 27 November 2015 : BIMI presents Doing Women's Film History Event