Get Started - April 2017
Venue: MAL B04, Birkbeck University, Torrington Sq, Main building
Booking details: Free entry; booking required
If you decide you would like to apply for any of our undergraduate degree courses we will be on hand to help you with the next steps.
Come along to our Get Started workshop where we will outline fees and funding, provide practical tips on writing an application and explain what will be expected of you as a Birkbeck student.
This interactive workshop will be broken down into three sections:
a) Student finance, funding and loans - By the end of the session you will know which loans and financial support you may be eligible for and how to apply for it, as well as being comfortable with the finer details of the repayment process. We will also clearly explain Birkbeck's non repayable financial support packages for those students most in need.
b) Making an Application to Birkbeck - We understand that the application process can seem daunting. We will give you an overview of what Birkbeck expects from an application, and will include practical writing exercises to help you demonstrate your experience and commitment. While we can’t guarantee that your application will be successful, we can give you the knowledge and support you need to write a clear and engaging application.
c) Preparing to Study – We will explore the benefits of returning to study, identify what may be possible challenges and find realistic solutions to ensure you make the most of every opportunity. We will discuss what will be expected of you as a student, and give you information about Birkbeck student support services including study skills and disability support. By the end of the workshop you will be able to put the necessary plans in place to ensure you hit the ground running when you start your course.
These free sessions are intended for applications for undergraduate degree courses only, not for postgraduate degrees. Please note that these events are not subject specific.
There will be a short break at the end of every workshop.
If you are unable to attend this event you may be interested in attending one of our other Get Started events. Please see our listing for more information: http://birkbeckoutreach.eventbrite.co.uk/
For more information please email email@example.com
Join the conversation! #GetStarted
* The event will start promptly at the designated time so please arrive early to get seated and ready before then.
- Department of Geography
- Department of Psychosocial Studies
- Dept of Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Department of Iberian and Latin American Studies
- Dept of Management
- Dept of Biological Sciences
- Dept of Philosophy
- Dept of History, Classics and Archaeology Facebook logo
- Dept of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Dept of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Dept of Psychosocial Studies
- Department of Organizational Psychology
- Dept of Psychological Sciences
- Dept of History of Art
- Dept of History, Classics and Archaeology
- Department of Politics
- Choosing your course
- Dept of Applied Linguistics and Communication
- Get ready to study
- Dept of Geography, Environment and Development Studies
- Department of Psychological Sciences
- Dept of Organizational Psychology
- Fees and finance
- Dept of Media and Cultural Studies
- Dept of Politics
- Outreach event
- Dept of European Cultures and Languages
- Dept of English and Humanities
- Dept of Cultures and Languages
- Prospective students
- Dept of Film, Media and Cultural Studies
- Department of Management
- Department of English and Humanities
- Department of Social Policy and Education
- Department of History, Classics and Archaeology
- Part-time students
- Dept of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Dept of Social Policy and Education