Dr Alison Mark
BA (UCL); MA (Birkbeck); PhD (Birkbeck)
About Dr Alison Mark
I specialise in twentieth-century and contemporary literature and culture, have taught English, film and gender at Birkbeck, and currently teach Modern Theatre and the London Stage, and the Twentieth-Century British Novel for the Birkbeck London Semester programme.
- I have a particular interest in Modern and Contemporary poetry and poetics, and in Psychoanalysis;
- Publications include Veronica Forrest-Thomson and ‘Language’ Poetry, and (with Deryn Rees Jones) I co-edited Contemporary Women’s Poetry: Reading / Writing / Practice. I am a co-editor of the journal Women: A Cultural Review, published from Birkbeck.
Research projects and roles
- After completing my PhD I did a psychoanalytic training, and teach ‘Dreams’ for psychoanalytic psychotherapy trainings.
- Recent projects include ‘Poetry and Science: Veronica Forrest Thomson’, for the Poetry and Science website at Liverpool University.
- Current projects include: Veronica Forrest Thomson, Poetic Artifice: A Theory of Twentieth-Century Poetry, a new edition with critical introduction, for Manchester University Press.