Media and web links
I am an occasional reviewer of science fiction film for BBC Radio 4’s Front Row and Radio 3’s Night Waves.
- I was commissioned to write the radio documentary, ‘True Tales from the Crypt’, for BBC Radio 4, September 2012. You can hear a clip here
- You can hear my Radio 3 15 minute essay on Bram Stoker here.
- You can hear my talk at the Bishopsgate on London’s disorderly dead here.
- You can hear my podcast on Henry James’ Portrait of a Lady here
- You can hear my discussion of mummy curses on Radio 4’s Thinking Allowed with Marina Warner and Laurie Taylor here
- You can watch my introduction to Bram Stoker’s Dracula here
- You can watch my lecture on David Lynch’s weirdness on Tate TV here
- You can read my interview with artist Suzanne Treister on her web-site, here
- You can get a free download of my essay ‘Reflections on Joan Didion’s The Year of Magical Thinking’ from New Formations (2009), here
- You can read my article on research funding and researching mummy curses here
- And a piece on mummies for the New Humanist here
- You can hear my podcast on mummy curses for Blackwell’s web page here
- You can read my Guardian comment on the BFI Gothic season here.
A slightly different version of my scholarly self also Twitters @TheProfRog.