Areas of research supervision
In 2003-2004 I was Assistant Director of Graduate Studies.
I supervise research students in the following areas: James Joyce and modern Irish writing; modernism; contemporary British writing and culture; modern American fiction.
Between 2003 and 2007, I supervised graduates to the successful completion of PhD theses on:
- Joyce and Borges
- Samuel Beckett’s Trilogy in Context
- Contemporary London Writing
I am currently supervising doctoral theses on:
- Alan Moore and the question of history
- the contemporary British novel of travel
- American culture in the digital era