Andy Smith: Dematerialising Theatre (Birkbeck Arts Week 2017)

For the last fifteen years, both alone and in collaboration with Tim Crouch (An Oak Tree, Adler & Gibb), theatre-maker Andy Smith has been involved in creating a large body of work. He refers to this as a ‘dematerialised theatre’ – a theatre that attempts to do more with less. This talk, which took place as a part of Birkbeck Arts Week 2017 – reviewed some of the principles of the practice, and explores some of its origins. Below are podcasts of the event – an introduction, the talk itself and the discussion afterwards.

Jonathan Parr – who is studying jointly at Birkbeck and RADA on the Text and Performance MA – blogs about the event here. 

uble322

Digital Editor

One thought on “Andy Smith: Dematerialising Theatre (Birkbeck Arts Week 2017)

• 11th January 2018 at 12:39 pm
    Permalink

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. My name is Dr Maiada aboud; I have recently finished my doctorate in the field of gender studies and art( Middle Eastern case study). I was wondering if you have any postdoctorate/fellowships in the field.

Please find attached CV and thesis abstract. I would really appreciate your response/any link to any member of staff.

Regards,
    Maiada

http://www.maiadaaboud.com