Birkbeck, University of London, is an excellent learning institutional where students can develop their research in media (film and television, journalism, digital and social media) and culture (arts management and cultural policy and institutions) with internationally recognised scholars in the field.
Staff supervise MPhil/PhD students researching an eclectic range of topics, from smart cities to urban digital technologies, from public art to curatorial practice in film and contemporary art, from memory cultures to public cultural institutions, from media regulation to politics and political communication, from artist practice to global media markets.
research students and activities
Within the MA programmes offered by FMACS, there is the opportunity to study a diverse range of issues within the field of media and culture.
- MA Arts Policy and Management
- MA Digital Media Culture
- MA Digital Media Management
- MA Film Programming and Curating
- MA Film and Screen Media
- MA Film and Screen Media (with Film Programming and Curating)
- MA Film and Screen Media (with Study Aboard)
- MA Journalism
- MA Investigative Reporting