As a student at Birkbeck, you will be able to use the following libraries:
web site is where you can find details of the Library’s collections and services, opening hours, contact details and access to the eLibrary. The Subject Librarian for the department is The Birkbeck Library.
Birkbeck students can use UCL Libraries for reference. MPhil and PhD students and staff can apply for a borrowing ticket.
As a Birkbeck student you are entitled to use many other libraries, both in London and throughout the UK.
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- British Library
- The Wellcome library has made online access to Nature journals available remotely to members of their Library which anyone can join. To get access to these you need to visit the Wellcome Library in person once in order to join. Take along some ID that shows your home address, such as driving licence, passport, utility bill or bank statement and fill out the registration form. Once you have a library card you will be able to access the journals by entering your name and the library card number. Further information is available from the Science Subject Librarian.
- Linnean Society Library: Students and staff can use the Library by appointment.
- Natural History Museum Library: the libraries are open, by appointment, to bona-fide researchers.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Library and Archives: The library provides access for academic staff and for bona-fide researchers (by appointment).
- Zoological Society of London Library