Information for international students
Birkbeck is home to a growing community of students from across the globe. We welcome applications from eligible international students.
What can I study?
- If you are entering the UK on a student visa , you will be eligible to apply for the following programmes:
- History of Art (MA)
- History of Film and Visual Media (MA)
- Museum Cultures (MA / MRes)
- Television History and Practice (MA)
- History of Art (PhD / MPhil)
- Some international students are eligible to study part-time. If you are eligible, you will be able to apply for any of our courses. Find out if you are eligible on our international students' website .
Funding your studies
- You may be eligible for a source of academic funding. Read more about funding for international students
- International students at Birkbeck are prioritised for University of London accommodation. Read more about Birkbeck's accommodation options for international students .
- Our full-time Master's, MPhil and PhD students are eligible for accommodation in one of the various intercollegiate halls of residence situated throughout the London area. Some of these offer accommodation for married couples and families.
London Semester Programme
- The Birkbeck London Semester Programme offers an opportunity for international students to study at Birkbeck for one semester during their degree.
- The Programme offers an exciting range of modules across the humanities and social sciences.
- The college is in the heart of the Bloomsbury district of London which is a great base for exploring the city. Find out more about the London Semester Programme .
Use the map below to view entry requirements, events and key contacts for your country:
Can't find your country here? We still welcome your interest and would encourage you to look at the following pages:
- Academic entry requirements
- English language entry requirements
- Events calendar - meet us in your country
- Contact the International Office