Alumni benefits and services
As a Birkbeck graduate you have access to a range of regularly updated benefits and services.
To continue getting the most out of being a Birkbeck alumnus all you need to do is keep us informed of your current address by updating your details when you move and we will contact you with latest news, events, updates and offers.
10% tuition fee discount on Birkbeck postgraduate courses
- Birkbeck is offering a 10% discount on tuition fees to all Birkbeck alumni enrolling on any master's degree starting in 2014/2015.
- To take advantage of this offer, you must have completed an undergraduate degree from Birkbeck, University of London.
- When you complete enrolment online you will be asked if you want to take advantage of the alumni discount. No additional proof should be required, since we will already have a record of you having completed an honours degree with us.
Subscription to BBK magazine / E-BBK
- Free and automatic subscription to the award-winning BBK magazine and to e-bbk, a bi-monthly e-newsletter.
- Alumni who have graduated in the last two years are welcome to attend any of the careers sessions listed on the My Birkbeck workshop webpage.
- If you wish to come along to any of these workshops, please email email@example.com
- Birkbeck Library membership
- For a small annual fee, you can have access to all books and journals on the open shelves in the Birkbeck Library and borrow up to five items at any given time (borrowing membership only).
- Day passes may also be purchased for a small charge.
- University of London Library membership
- As a Birkbeck Alumnus, you are also eligible to join the University of London Senate House Library.
- As part of your membership. you will have a ten book borrowing allowance and access to a number of online resources including JSTOR.
- Three types of membership are available: a three-month, a six-month or a one year subscription. Please visit the Senate House Library website for membership costs.
Transcripts and certificates
- An official transcript, detailing examinations taken and results achieved, will be issued automatically to all graduating students by the Examinations and Assessment Office and sent to your home address.
- Please note that our office is not responsible for the production of certificates or transcripts. Find out how to get additional copies of your transcript.
10% off DoubleTree by Hilton London Westminster
- The Doubletree Westminster is a 4* hotel in a central London location about a 10 minute walk from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
- Alumni receive 10% off their best available rate and 10% off their food and drinks menu in Millbank Lounge and City Cafe.
- Email the alumni team to receive the online discount code.