International marketing and recruitment
Headed by Lauren Prone, the International Office ensures Birkbeck attracts a diverse community of students from overseas by supporting the student journey from pre-application to arrival on campus. Our work includes:
- visiting education recruitment fairs, schools and universities
- meeting prospective students
- organising prospective student and alumni events
- visiting international partners and local scholarship agencies
- market research and analysis
- course-specific promotional activity
- communication with prospective international students
- creating international advertising and marketing campaigns
- supporting scholarship and bursary programmes.
- General enquiries
- Lauren Prone Head of International Marketing and Recruitment +44 (0) 20 7380 3245. Responsible for the Americas, including USA, Canada and Brazil.
- David Tupper Senior International Officer +44 (0) 20 7380 3241. Responsible for Southeast Asia and Australiasia, including Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Indonesia.
- Kristyna Kanokova International Marketing Officer +44 (0) 20 7380 3242. Responsible for South Asia, the Middle East, including India, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Turkey and UK International.
- Mark Johnson International Marketing Officer +44 (0) 20 7380 3244. Responsible for East Asia, including China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea.
- Athanasia Kollia International Marketing and Recruitment Assistant +44 (0) 20 7380 3245. Responsible for student enquiries, oversight of Europe and Africa, communications and social media.